Showers and flowers

baby.buggy.invite

These are the invites I made for my friend Julie's baby shower that I hosted here on Saturday. I printed the card stock first then cut little fabric ovals, cut about a 1/4 of them out for the buggy shape and stitched them down to the card. Then I glued the buttons on for wheels.

baby.shower.invites

I received lots of rsvps that were accompanied by squeals over the invites, so I highly recommend the process should you find yourself hosting a baby shower...or an announcement would be charming too. Weird. I never managed to do anything at all clever when having babies, just long afterwards now for other people. I know lots of moms who both have the baby and correspond in ridiculously adorable ways regarding the baby. I never managed a knack for both at the same time. I have however given birth faster than I glued on all those buttons. That's a knack, I suppose.

belly.blossoms

I sprinkled the house and patio with these "belly blossoms" before the guests arrived. I thought they evoked a sweet little in-womb view.

pink.pom.pom

The day also proved to be a perfect excuse to buy this gorgeous girl-pink hydrangea when I was at Whole Foods picking up dinner Friday night. Not that I need an excuse, but I'm just sayin' - there was a real reason to buy it. Which always feels good.

Okay kids, back to work, more soon!

xoxox, Anna