HeartWarmers

legwarmers

This past week amongst 7,253 things that I did, I asked my mom if she wouldn't mind going through our old family photo albums and pull any pictures that had anything that she made shown in the picture. As expected she relished in the task and a few days later I got this big manila envelope (in fact it blew right in with the tornadic weather yesterday) filled with some of my favorite photos, as well as some I couldn't remember ever having seen. What a joy to see. I'm working on a meaningful way to try and save some of them long term and also include in my upcoming book. It got me thinking about the documentation of handworks, especially as my mom remarked on the phone this morning that the process unearthed several memories of things she had made but couldn't find photos of. It made me thankful for this space, obviously, where I document small and large works.

what.a.feeling

Today, after being begged since my waking hour, I sat down with the kids to watch an episode of Phineas and Ferb (Season 3, Episode 16- absofruitly hysterical, really). I looked over at Isabela snuggled up to me and she was wearing these knit by my mom leg-warmers that first warmed Juliana's legs. I instantly wondered if we had a photograph. Two instants later we had exactly these photographs.

So there you go Mama, one more for the books.
Don't you think it would be wonderful if you had a bound book simply with images of what you've made (or your mama, or grandma) whether knits, patchworks, cakes, paintings, drawings, gardens or the like? So many resources make this possible.
Anyway, just thinking about it today.
xoxo, Anna