Have a Seat

field.study.booth.19

Details.  I has 'em, more than I can put in one post, in fact.  Thanks for all your nice words on my last post about the booth.  We were very proud (relieved) of how it all came together.  One of the comments, can't remember right now which, mentioned something about an imperfect situation giving rise to creativity.  I guess I have always felt the same, I just don't always believe it in the moment.  Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about that recently- creativity thriving on imperfection.

field.study.booth.15

One of the more talked about items was this dress.  It is a simple bias cut shape with hand appliqued feathers.  The pattern was done on the fly (always the best pattern) the night before we left.  I seamed two 44"w solid cotton pieces side by side for a x2 wider width, then cut the a-line shapes for front and back of the dress from this yardage on the bias.  The front piece lifting a little higher over the bust, the back dipping a bit lower under the shoulder blades.  It's topped with a narrow contrast elastic channel, while the waist elastic channel is wider and hidden on the wrong side of the dress.  I am trying to figure out the best way to share this pattern with you.... more on that soon.  The feather quilt - Featherbed Quilt -is all machine pieced and will be a free pattern when the fabrics launch in August, but I'll also give tips on doing an applique version to accomplish things like the above.

field.study.booth.11

The other most talked about item was my new pet panther.  Whatever wrenches were thrown into my booth planning I never wavered in my relentless search for a life-sized panther to decoupage.  Don't ask.  I can't answer.  I loved making it and I loved showing it and I love having it.  It's weeyud.

field.study.booth.16

Fabric.  Look the fussyyyyyy cutting on that pillow by Ms.Brittney.  I love it so much. The center print is Raindrop Poppies, then Mind's Eye, then Spotted in the Crowd, then two colorways of Fine Feathered.  The pillow to the right is another colorway of Mind's Eye.  I'm going to publish our full market catalog here next so you can see all the fabrics (and patterns) more in depth.

field.study.booth.20

Needlepoint.  So happy to share two new designs on their way later this Summer.  Centerpiece and Sketchbook.

field.study.booth.21

Don't know what to add to that news other than yay.  Find your favorite chair and we'll be back with those soon.

field.study.booth.17

What to do with that needlepoint other than the obvious?  These bags are a glimpse of a sewing pattern in development for fall.  A big carpet style bag and.....

field.study.booth.13

.. a clutch.  I love this pattern, can't wait to get it out there.  The sewing is very straightforward but the shapes are gorgeous and classic.  Of course the pattern is just as lovely simply with a fabric in place of the needlepoint, but just in case you have one complete by then.

field.study.booth.14

Embroidery.  This summer will see a new collection of Pearle cottons and Embroidery Floss in some yummy new palettes that are gorgeous with Field Study.

field.study.booth.18

The pearles, are lovely and pale.  A few are shown here in front of a sampler for my first embroidery pattern collection coming out this month, Love from A to Z.

field.study.booth.12

The new embroidery floss colors are deep and rich and shown here with a few pieces from the Fields Aflutter embroidery pattern collection, also coming out this month. So much to look forward to.

field.study.booth.10

I think this vase of flowers sums up my whole story for Field Study.  Gorgeously natural if not a little uneasy and exploratory.

have a lovely weekend,
xoxo, Anna